Reports to the Chief Medical Officer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide psychiatric care to adults in an Article 28 ambulatory setting.
• Evaluate, diagnose and manage acute and chronic mental health conditions
• Provide individual psychotherapy and medication management as appropriate
• Interface and link patients with area psychiatric facilities and providers when appropriate
• Order and review appropriate laboratory testing
• Maintain confidential records in the EMR for all services provided including prescriptions
• Provide consultation to medical and mental health staff. Attend weekly medical/mental
health staff meetings when on-site.
• Participate in psychiatric peer review.
• Participate in the development/review of clinic policies/procedures
• Practice psychiatric care within the scope of license, training and credentialing, and in
accordance with current quality and standards of care adopted by the NYSDOH
• Complete charting in EMR and required paperwork in a timely manner
• Alert Medical Director of Mental Health Services/Chief Medical Officer of Medico-legal risk
situations, and work to reduce same
• Participate in appropriate maintenance of certification/continuing medical education
• Maintain confidentiality of patient care and agency operations at all times
• Work with support and administrative staff in a positive constructive manner
• Collaborate with Director of Mental Health Services on case dispositions and
supervision/evaluation of mental health providers
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
• MD/DO Degree or equivalent medical degree from a medical school of recognized standing
• Completion of an accredited residency program in Psychiatry
• Board Certification in General Psychiatry
• Unrestricted license to practice medicine in NY State
• Current DEA certificate without restriction
• Experience with primary care psychiatry or psychosomatic medicine
• Experience working with underserved, APIs, LGBTQ, substance abusing populations
• Ability to use common office software (Word, excel, powerpoint)
• Must have good human relations and communications skills
• Knowledge of Asian language preferred
The client is affiliated with a nationally renowned, state-of-the-art academic medical center. They are consistently leaders in several specialties and ranked as the #1 hospital in Brooklyn. The Hospital is one of two hospitals in Brooklyn that are financially solvent.
The hospital believes in the team approach to health care because of the many benefits to patients, including easy access to specialists and coordination of essential patient information. With the use of electronic medical records since 2002 and the advanced technology of our state-of-the-art clinical laboratory and imaging services, we bring our patients timely, accessible, quality medical care. We strive to be the medical industry employer of choice in the Brooklyn community.
The position will be working in a highly progressive group practice environment, in a department with excellent staff/supervisors and tremendous growth potential. The Doctors are employees of this 600+ bed Magnet Status University based hospital.
This large, progressive, and financially thriving hospital based Community practice seeks a Board-Certified/Board-Eligible Rheumatologist. Great supportive staff. Outstanding opportunity for professional and personal growth. Easy commuting distance from NYC and NJ. Excellent compensation and benefits package.